I am part of a network of private practice sleep and neurology physician investigators in the Philadelphia area. We have roughly 10000 neurology patients. We care for 1200 patients carrying diagnoses of cognitive impairment. We also have a database of 11000 patients with sleep disorders.
We can turn around budgets and CTA’s quickly, and we work with central IRB's. We have certified raters. We have reliable MRI and PET partners, board certified neurologists, and a large hospital with ER 2 miles away. We conduct social media outreach and give talks at local YMCA’s and 55+ communities. We have recruited strongly for studies in the past.
We also have:
- infusion capacity
- -20 C freezer x 2
- 2-8 C refrigerator x 2
- refrigerated centrifuge
- crash cart
- ambient centrifuge
- 24/7 temperature monitoring system with live notifications
- ER within 2 miles
Phase 2 Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Parallel-Arm Dose Finding Study to CompareXXX. 2021-2022
Phase 2 Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled 3-Period Single-Dose Crossover Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Two Doses of xxx.. 2021-2022
A Study of xxx in Participants With Mild Alzheimer's Disease Dementia xxx.
Multi-center, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel group, polysomnography study to assess xxx in adult and elderly subjects with insomnia disorder. 2017-2018.
The POSAtive Study: Study for the Treatment of Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Effectively randomized sleep apnea patients
xxx Amyloid Scanning Study.. 2018.
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study of the Efficacy and Safety of xxx Mild to Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease Dementia. 2018.
The Role of Lung Volume in Asthma. Sub-I 2011.
CPAP effect on Neuromuscular Function in OSA Patients. Sub -I 2011.
- Rosenberg, Russell. Abaluck, Brian. Thein, Stephen. “Combination of atomoxetine with the novel antimuscarinic aroxybutynin improves mild to moderate OSA Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine.” Accepted for publication, JCSM 2022.
- Richard B. Berry, Matthew L. Uhles, Brian K. Abaluck, David H. Winslow, Paula K. Schweitzer, Raymond A. Gaskins, Robert C. Doekel, Helene A. Emsellem. “NightBalance Sleep Position Treatment Device Versus Auto-Adjusting Positive Airway Pressure for Treatment of Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea.” JCSM. 2019;15(7):947–956.
- Koppel, Ross, Joshua P. Metlay, Abigail Cohen, Brian Abaluck, Russell Localio, Stephen Kimmel, Brian L. Strom. “Role of computerized physician order entry systems in facilitating medication errors.” JAMA. 2005 Mar 9;293(10):1197-203.
Posters and Presentations
- Roy, Asim, Abaluck, Brian, Stern, Thomas, Kushida, Clete, Seiden, David, Gudeman, Jennifer. “Dose Titration and Tolerability of Once Nightly Sodium Oxybate: Interim Data from Restore.” Accepted for presentation at Chest 2022.
- Abaluck, Brian, Barger L, Landrigan C, Abaluck J, Czeisler CA. “Impact of Extended-Duration Shifts on Medical Errors, Adverse Events and Motor Vehicle Crashes among Resident Physicians in Postgraduate Year Two and Above.” Poster presented at Sleep Health and Safety. 2011.
- Abaluck Brian, Kehl K, Tucker M, Stickgold R, Lockley S. “Effect of Extended Duration On-Call Shifts on Learning among Physician Residents: Preliminary Data.” Poster accepted at Managing Fatigue meeting. 2011.
- Abaluck, Brian, Samantha Cartagena, Sharon Hurley, Allan I. Pack, Richard J. Schwab, Charles R. Cantor. 2005. “Prevalence and Characteristics of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Patients Undergoing Gastric Bypass Surgery.” Poster presented at the Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies. Denver, Colorado.
- Koppel, Ross, Abigail Cohen, Brian Strom, Brian Abaluck. 2003. "Studying Physicians' Perceptions of Medication Error: Comparing Four Research Methods." Paper presented at the Conference on Ethnographic Organizational Studies of the European Sociological Association. Murcia, Spain.
- Koppel, Ross, Brian Abaluck, Brian L. Strom, Russell Localio, Abigail Cohen. 2002. "Use of Multiple Research Methods in Applied Social Research: Studying Causes of Medication Errors." Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Applied Sociology. Sacramento, CA.
- Koppel, Ross, Joshua P. Metlay, Brian L. Strom, Brian Abaluck, and Abigail Cohen. 2002. "Organizational Ethnography and the Study of Medication Order Errors in a Hospital." Paper presented at the Conference on Ethnographic Organizational Studies of the European Sociological Association and the Swiss Sociological Association. University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Koppel, Ross, Russell Localio, Abigail Cohen, Brian Abaluck, Joshua P. Metlay, and Brian L. Strom. 2003. "Understanding Medication Errors in the Context of Hospital Culture and Operations: Sociological and Information Systems Analyses." Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Sociological Practice Association. Atlanta, GA.
- Abaluck, Brian and Christopher Landrigan. “Sleepiness in Health Care Workers.” Chapter in Sleepiness: Causes, Consequences, Disorders and Treatment. 2012. Editors: Billiard and Thorpy.